The Junior School works with a whole range of charities.
Junior School children have the opportunity to make their own suggestions for organisations to support and are encouraged to engage with as many projects as possible:
L`Arbre à Pain - is a charity/food bank for local families and homeless people run by volunteers in St Germain-en-Laye - Harvest collection of non perishable goods and delivered by School Council
In recent years our selection of other charities has included:
- Pieces Jaunes - National French charity – collection of small change – to fund accommodation for families and classes for children whilst they are in hospital
- Autumn Fair drinks stall - Proceeds to be distributed between BSPS selected charities
- Appeal Day - All proceeds go to charities chosen by the children each year. The children have chosen to support charities such as:
- Whole School charity - Remembrance Poppy Appeal/ French Bleuet Appeal - British Legion and French equivalent for war veterans and their families.
- Whole School charity - Love-in-a-Box - run locally in Paris for underprivileged children.
- Whole School charity - Jeans for Genes - UK Charity and a whole school event.
- Whole School charity - BSP Cambodia - our major whole school project in conjunction with United World Schools.