- High academic standards.
- Excellent exam results – In 2021 95% achieved grade A* – C at A Level and over 99.8% of all grades at GCSE were 9-4 (A*- C). You can find out more on our Exam Results page.
- In 2011, 2014 and 2019 the BSP received excellent reports from the UK’s independent school inspectorate the ISI. You can find out more on our Reports page.
- An impressive extra-curricular programme, leading to high standards of success in sport, music, art and other activities.
- A happy and rewarding environment offering impressive facilities.
- Well-rounded, confident and intellectually curious pupils.
Below, you can find The British School of Paris' most frequently asked questions.
If you cannot find the answer to your questions, please feel free to get in contact and we will be happy to assist.
- “The teachers really want to help you”
- “Loads of after-school activities, I have something I want to do every single night”
- “Happy atmosphere”
- “Great school trips”
- “It’s cool to do well here”
- Committed teachers with high expectations of pupils
- Small class sizes
- Adherence to the ideal of an all-round education
- High-quality pupil welfare
- Keeping pupils/students challenged and interested in learning
- Personalised programmes of support
Yes, all classes are taught in English (except language classes).
No. We welcome many non native speakers of English to the BSP. We provide support in the form of EAL (English as an Additional Language) and have a programme of Intensive English. Find out more on our English as an Additional Language page.
Pastoral care means we use a holistic approach to address the personal, emotional, social, intellectual and moral needs of every pupil. As a result pupils show genuine concern for each other and grow strongly in self-awareness and self-esteem.
Yes, The BSP provides a comprehensive private bus service to and from Paris and the surrounding areas at an extra cost. All students using this service are supervised.
Find out more on our Bus Service page.
Yes, pupils can start at any date throughout the year. New students usually start on Mondays.
No, there is no fee for an application to The British School of Paris.
The British School of Paris is open to all children from age 3 – 18.
- Senior School opens for drop off at 8h30
- Junior School opens for drop off at 8h30
- Senior School begins at 8h50 and ends at 16h00
- Junior School begins at 9h00 and ends at 15h45
- Nursery School begins at 9h15 and ends at 15h15
Yes, all students from Nursery up to Year 11 are required to wear a school uniform.
Sixth Form students are allowed the privilege of wearing their own clothes whilst respecting the school dress code.